I released Gazelle, new Plack handler
Gazelle is a Plack Handler/PSGI server. This server is optimized for running HTTP application server behind a reverse proxy like nginx. When start Gazelle behind nginx and connect via unix domain socket, Gazelle is 3 times faster than starman.
Here is benchmark of Gazelle, starman and Starlet.
Benchmark details is here.
Gazelle supports following features.
- only supports HTTP/1.0. But not support KeepAlive feature
- All of network i/o code are written in XS
- ultra fast HTTP processing using picohttpparser
- uses accept4(2) if OS support
- uses writev(2) for output responses
- prefork and graceful shutdown using Parallel::Prefork
- hot deploy using Server::Starter
If you found problems and bug, please send p-r or issue to github